There are three things I believe every health care plan sponsor should have in place (1) system to make sure members are taking the prescribed drugs (2) system to make sure the prescribed drugs work (3) system to make sure the prescribed drug is going to the right patient. As drugs get more expensive and complex so to must the services PBMs offer to keep pace. Watch the short video (1:30) to see what the Pharmacy and PBM Leader at Deloitte Consulting has to say about achieving optimal clinical and cost outcomes with specialty drugs.
|Click to Watch|
What is the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist (CPBS®) training program designed for?
This educational offering includes knowledge that is critical to effective management of the pharmacy benefit. Each class concludes with a knowledge assessment test to help gauge student comprehension. Students are required to pass a comprehensive final exam with a score of 85% or better to qualify for the CPBS designation.
- Enhance your candidacy – one out of two hiring managers prefer job applicants with a certification
- Stay competitive in the workforce and raise your professional value
- Network with other employee benefits professionals
- No or low out-of-pocket costs; employer may pick up portion of the costs
- Certified employees drive business goals through increased self-motivation and confidence
- Uphold or gain competitive advantage in the marketplace because of the PBM mastery held by human capital
- Internal career advancement for certified staff which reduces hiring and onboarding costs
- Clients have more confidence in the results of certified staff